There is so much to say about Vienna...
It definitely is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, well organised and managed and providing a very high standard of living. Just to make sure, you know, what we talk about, here are some basic facts:
Where to find Vienna
Vienna has always been the crossroads between the Ottoman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, East and West (Cold War!), North and South, and recently Straight and Gay!
Vienna is the capital of Austria, member of the European Union and Euro-Zone. It is the third United Nations Headquarters (after New York and Geneva), seat of the OPEC and OSCE and many other international organizations.
And of course, Vienna is home of Vindobona Hash House Harriers!
Why hosting a Hash Event in Vienna
Vienna offers a lot of advantages that make this city a perfect place to live and to host events. Here are just some of them:
- Beautiful architecture from medieval (and some Roman) to modern
- Vienna is a very compact city of roughly 2 Mio. inhabitants.
- An almost perfect and high-capacity public transport system allows easy travel by day and night. Underground lines even operate 24 hrs. during the weekends. And the best of it, the single trip only costs 2,20 € and a day (24 hrs.) ticket is just 7,60 €.
- Vienna is a well known congress city and also attracts a lot of tourists. That is the reason, that there are lots of hotels and accommodation available in all price categories. Especially July and August, when there are no congresses, hotels offer good rates and of course we will take advantage out of this.
- The country around Vienna offers everything needed for it to be a perfect Hashing Country. From Alpine Mountains to wooded foothills, flatland, vineyards, the Danube and the river meadows, flat lakes in the steppe, ... You can count on beautiful runs for Eurohash 2017!
- Good beer and of course the famous Viennese and Austrian wines.
- A very high standard of quality when it comes to gastronomy. We expect to be able to make you all happy...
Give me 10 more minutes and I give you 10 more reasons... (or just google Vienna!)
How to get to Vienna:
We have put a whole page together on the Travel Vienna issue...
And, just to remind you, Billy Joel has said it all
You've got your passion, you've got your pride
But don't you know that only fools are satisfied?
Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come true
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you?